How to Apply for A Malaysian Visa to Study?
Nowadays the education is not just confined to the country. People are exploring different countries around the world to get quality education and better infrastructure. Many countries offer better exposure to students and vast educational infrastructure for the overall development of an individual. Many people wish to work in a foreign country and get a job there. Seeing the rising demand for studying abroad, many countries offer study visas to the students so that they can study in their country and live there during their program.
One of the most preferred countries is Malaysia. The educational system of the country is great and is preferred by many Indian students. But studying in a foreign country is not an easy task. One has to fulfill a lot of legal formalities. Applying for a study visa in Malaysia is not easy. A set of documents is required that one needs to be submitted. They should be genuine. The list of documents required are as follows:
- Student visa application form completed and signed by the applicant
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopies of the student’s Passport
- Offer letter from the chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia
- Academic transcript(s) of records
- Health Certificate of the student
- Evidence of security and personal bond
- Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
- Proof of financial capability to meet course and other expenses
- Students have to show their approval letters upon arrival
The process is a bit lengthy and takes around 4-6 weeks. The approval of the application is done within 14 days. Slowly and steadily the education standards of the country are increasing. It is becoming a hub of international students. The education system of Malaysia holds institutes that are ranked in the top 200 universities in the world. There are about 151 courses offered to the students.
The Malaysian government has made the process of applying for students visas very simple and easy. The students do not have to contact their local Embassy of Malaysia anymore. The steps for applying for a visa are as follows:
- The Indian students have the option o applying for a visa directly from the institute in which they are going to study. They can submit the form directly there. The student’s passport should be valid for at least the next 1 year. If the duration is less, the application may not process. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Along with the form, submit all the documents mentioned above and wait for approval. The status of the application is informed by the Immigration Department in Malaysia through the educational institution chosen. This generally takes 7 days.
- Once the application is accepted and all the documents have been submitted, the letter of confirmation is sent to the student. The Malaysian Immigration Department sends the letter to the institution and then it reaches the student.
- Before coming to Malaysia, the students have to provide all the information to the institute which includes airport location, flight number, and arrival date and time, etc. A representative from the institute greets the student at the airport. The visa is issued via an endorsement on a valid national passport.
- The passport is submitted to the Immigration Department and within 2 weeks a student pass sticker is affixed.